Hi, everyone thanks for dropping by.Today I am going to talk about sure fire ways to stop pugs eating poop.
Pugs do a lot of fascinating and comical things. Most of the wacky things they do are cute but not all of them.
One of these is eating poop.
“I don't think twice about picking up my dog's poop, but if another dog's poop is next to it, I think, 'Eww, dog poop!” Jonah Goldberg
Poop eating is a revolting habit (from our human perspective anyway.) It's not nice to watch. It's even less charming to be on the receiving end of a poofy kiss.(YUCK!)
Even worse a dog that eats the poop can become pretty sick and contact internal parasites, worms, and other diseases which can be transferred to us!
We need to stop pugs eating poop as soon as possible.It can be a serious health risk for the dog the family.
To stop pugs eating poop find out why he/she is eating poop and then apply a solution.
1. The first thing to do to is to take your dog to the vet for a check-up. You want to check if your dog has contracted any harmful bacteria. The vet will be able to supply you with some prescription drugs. This will dispose of any harmful bacteria or worms.
2. A lack of vitamin B is often said to be a cause of coprophagia. Their diet can be short of specific enzymes necessary for proper digestion. The dog may need poo to stimulate the digestive process.
3. When a dog is hungry, a dog will turn to eating its own poop.
In packs of wild dogs, a dog eating poop is perfectly normal. When food is scarce excrement is as a source of nutrition by pack members lower down the pecking order. It can be the difference between life or death when times are tough.
4. Dogs that are lonely, bored or suffering from anxiety generally tend to eat poop. To stop bored, lonely or anxious dogs from eating poop spend a lot of time with your dog. Provide plenty of exercise.
"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise"
5. Dogs will sometimes eat poop to keep up cleanliness in their area. Mother dogs will typically eat the poop of their young to keep the sleeping space clean. If you have your dog confined in a small area "Pick-up" quickly and often.
6. Some dogs will eat poop to hide the evidence. If you punish your dog for pooping in the wrong place, at the wrong time, he might eat it to stop you from getting angry.
Your dog will expect that you will be upset as before. In this scenario just go back to showing your dog where to go to relieve themselves.
7. Some dogs will eat poop to get your attention. This is a marvelous opportunity for your dog to interact with you, albeit not for a very appealing reason.
8. Many dogs simply like the taste of poop. This obviously doesn't make sense to dog owners but that's irrelevant.There are dogs that like to eat it and that's that. It's warm, moist, and very much like what your dog was given as a very young puppy.
With puppies, try to nip it in the bud. Don't make a big deal of it. Just tell the pup "No" very firmly and swiftly remove the temptation.
Additives can be sprinkled on the dog's food to stop pugs eating poop.These can be very effective or fail to work at all. Only buy a small amount the first time.
Start taking your dog on daily walks where you get a chance to play games with him. Revisit some of those basic commands. Let him/her socialize with other dogs.
This will help keep him distracted from eating feces and make him really tired. Tired dogs prefer sleeping over anything else and will not indulge in undesired behaviors.
And sometimes the best way to deal with this issue is to look the other way.
"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them’s making a poop, the other one’s carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?"
Stop Your Pug Jumping Up On You
Best Training Guide For Pugs – Daniel Stevens Secrets To Dog Training
How To Deal With Pug Separation Anxiety Issues- 8 Steps
Why Pugs Like Hoarding Things
12 Reasons To Buy A Playpen For Your Pug Puppy